7th Grade- Internet Safety
You will need to go to the following 5 sites and answer the questions given to you from Google Classroom. A Google Docs sheet should be shared with you in the Google Classroom that you can directly answer on. Below is a PDF copy that you should be able to open and see the questions but you can't edit the document. If you have trouble using the document given to you in Google Classroom, simply turn in a Google Doc that has #1-20 and your answers. Bottom line- turn in a document through Google Classroom that shows your answer to these questions.
1. Tips for Passwords: http://www.connectsafely.org/tips-to-create-and-manage-strong-passwords/
It seems like we all have thousands of passwords to use nowadays for different accounts and sites.
2. Reputable Sources: https://www.whoishostingthis.com/resources/credible-sources/
These are some tips about what to look for in websites when you are doing research.
3. Cyber-Bullying: https://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/what-is-it
This site goes very in-depth about types of bullying. There are other good pages to read on this site, but the questions only are from the page this link takes you to.
4. Social Media: https://www.justsayyes.org/topics/how-social-media-affects-teens/
This article tells you about things teenagers need to be aware of as far as using social media.
5. Texting Etiquette: https://www.verywellfamily.com/texting-and-cell-phone-etiquette-for-tweens-3288602
This is a good site on texting manners. It is geared towards what parents should be telling their kids or 'tweens" but I think its very useful for students to read it for themselves.
Go to this site: https://sos.fbi.gov/ and choose the 7th Grade selection.